Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the promised poem..

I once was wise, but now I'm not,
My teeth with wisdom, the oral surgeon got.

I went to him; he took them from me.
He still has My teeth, yet I pay the fee?

"Are you getting sleepy?," I hear as I got the anesthetic--
Yet it seems in mere moments-"Wake up, wake up!,: How pathetic!

"Take these pills now and two more in a minute:
Here, my cute Chipmunk," Aw, Mom, quit it!

Oh, I know I needed this; it's for a good cause.
It's just hard to see past the blood,suture and gauze.

So much I experience, I felt and I saw.
And I'd tell you more now, if I could just move my jaw.

There's much more I've leared, but my mind's not on it.
My face and jaw hurt-- where is my ice bonnet?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your dad that's a great poem. I can see where you got your skill for poetry!

Jessica said...

Lol! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, it's been a looong time since I had my wisdom teeth removed but your poem really reminded me of the pain!
Mrs Smith

Miranda Rat said...

Nice!

I left a pic for you on my blog. :)