Well I know it has been like forever since I said anything of interest to you all. so here it goes. First of all I started a new Sunday school class that is really good! this is one of my homework assignments to put this passage into my own words. here is what the bible says...
Titus 2:3-5
: The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4: That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5: To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Then here is what I came up with after alot of work.
Older Women likewise. Do things that direct you toward holiness. Do not be false accusers, or being given to much wine, but be ye teachers of good things.
So that you can teach the younger women to show self-control, to love there husbands, to love and care for there children.
To show prudence and wise self-restraint in speech and behavior,
To be sexually pure. honorable, kind, and friendly
To be obedient to there own husbands, so that the word of God not blasphemedI really love doing that! Digging into God's word and really trying to grasp what he is trying to say though a particular passage. It really blessed me today so I thought I would share. The only thing I wish I could get better is making it flow better.... Oh well.
In Other news!! Short and sweet
Family
Julie is engaged:-)
Mom is gone to VA,:-(
I am an aunt,:-)
which means that Lucy is here:-)
Dad has been gone he returns today!!! :-)
Game night
We played several games and I lost every one of them:-(
Jed and Cody both got cuts in there knee:-(
I spit water Mellon seeds in a contest for the first time:-)
other random stuff
I saw Pirates 3:-)
I had Cold Stone Ice Creme for the first time this week:-)
I have been gardening alot and got a sun burnt:-(
I tried to shoot a bow and arrow and made a fool of myself:-(
I mowed the lawn:-(
Things I have learned,
Shopping with Joseph can be alot of fun!:-)
Shopping with Jeanette right after she learns that she has a job with Pioneer is amazing!:-
Cleaning the house is really, really, really, tiring!
Things to still happen this week
More Sunday School homework to be done.
English Country Dance this Friday
cleaning my room
letter writing
I have a cleaning job this afternoon
and we have a wedding to go to Saturday!
But hey I will have time to check out my blog for comments!
later
4 comments:
Hey Joanna, Nice Post!
I like how you can up with the definition. Don't worry, time will give you an better flow. I enjoyed the game night. Thanks for inviting us, even though I hurt my knee.
Hi Joanna,
What is cold stone ece cream? I haven't met any ice cream that I didn't like, so I'm sure, I love cold stone too! Good job on your S.S. homework by the way.
in answer to Karen's question...
If it has anything to do with ice cream, it has everything to do with Cold Stone Creamery. From unique ice cream creations to smoothies, cakes and shakes – nobody serves up the ultimate indulgence like Cold Stone. It starts with using the highest quality ingredients and ends with our signature process for preparing your custom creation on a frozen granite stone.
lol I took that from the website.
Thanks for the explanation, Joanna. What a good salesman! I was thinking that you really should consider going into marketing until you mentioned that you took the description off their web site. : )
Post a Comment