Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy birthday Jane!

Dear Readers,


This time of year has come once again! My dear sweet sister Jane turned (sweet)16 Saturday! My how the time flies. I used to think I would never grow up, but that is not the case. I wish I could go back to those years when we all were little and care- free! Now since I am older Mom has all these things for me to do that older people do! Hehe (ok I am not that old) Anyway I am getting off my subject. I was just remembering one day when Jane and I decided that we were officially WOMEN. So at supper that night Jane and I told Mom that because we were older(by a few hours)we should not have to sit on the bench. That was for little people.

Mom's reply, "As long as I say so you both will sit on the bench!"

Jane and I pouted the whole supper. Mom was being so cruel to us. We sat on the bench for a long time after that much to our dismay. Now we are officially women (since we sit in chairs)!

I could share some really embarrassing stories about how....... You used to always be the one who decided what we played and what parts we played. When we were playing animals You always-always-always were the person and Judy and I had to always be the dog or you would not play.

Or the times......... you always made me be the guy when we played house!
or the times......... When you sneak food and Janessa and I say " Jane does it taste good?"

Jane, "How did you know?"

Janessa or Joanna "Because you have it all over your shirt!"

Jane still does that to this day! hehe

Or the time.......... when you had a big crush on someone and you would ask me.

Jane "Was he staring at me during church?"

Me" I was listening to the preacher like any good Christian person should do!"

Jane "Really Joanna please tell me!"

Me "Jane you are only 9. Marriage is a long way off!"

Jane "Joanna, don't be ridiculous, please tell me!"

Me " Ok then, no! he was looking at the preacher like everyone else!"

Jane "I was afraid of that!"

Ok I will stop with all the stories for now.

If you all want to you can put a comment on my blog to wish Jane a happy birthday.......I know she would love it!


~Joanna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What will I do to you Joanna! I will have to start a blog to retaliate. It was pretty funny, though highly embarressing.
Funny, I remember those stories a little bit differently.....

Joanna Cole said...

Oh really? How come?

~Joanna

Megan said...

Joanna,

You are a born story teller! I'm not kidding. I really, really enjoyed reading this entry. Thank you so much for sharing... I found it enlightening (sorry, Jane :-)) - and very entertaining. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a week.

Megan said...

Jane,

Happy birhtday, dear friend! I don't have the words at the moment to give you a proper brithday greeting (read that: my eyes are going blurry and I have to get off of the computer before I lose my sight entirely), but I'll have one for you tomorrow. :-)

Love you muchly!

Megan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jane!! Joanna has revealed a whole new side of you . . . cute stories. Don't get too upset with her. We truly consider it a blessing from the Lord to know you. You make us smile! : )

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joanna, Jane! Those things did happen. You always had to be the the person! And you did have alot of boy-friends! LOL!


~Judy

Jeanette said...

Ha ha - this is very funny! Happy Birthday Jane. But you're right - the only way to combat such silliness is to get your own blog so you can tell silly stories about Joanna. :)

Love you both!